Capitol Plaza Hotel & Convention Center Topeka
1717 SW Topeka Boulevard, Topeka, Kansas 66612
Toll-free: (800) 579-7937
Local: (785) 431-7200
Request “Schipperke Dog Show” group
Or you can book your room online for the Schipperke Dog Show: https://reservations.travelclick.com/13576?groupID=2760446
Any questions contact Karen Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org until a Show Chair has been named by the Board.
(800) 579-7937 (Toll Free)
Accommodations Rate is $109.00. Guestroom types (kings, double/doubles, etc.) include refrigerator cannot be guaranteed and will be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Executive King Microwave and Refrigerator $119 per night
**Room Rates will be honored 3 days before and 3 days after the contract event dates if available
**Negotiated Room Rates will be honored 3 days before and 3 days after the contract event dates if available**
**Reservation Deadline: March 19, 2021 to receive the SCA rate
When reservations are made, a deposit will be required equal to the room rate and tax for the first night for each reservation. An individual’s deposit is refundable to that individual only if the Hotel receives notice of an individual’s cancellation no later than Friday, March 5, 2021. Any rooms cancelled on or after Saturday, March 6, 2021 will not receive a refund on their deposit.
Check-In Time: 4:00 pm
Check-Out Time: 11:00 am
Stormont Vail Event Center has full hook-ups on a first come, first serve basis [the hotel works with the event center a lot and if there are no horse events going on RV parking shouldn’t be a problem.]
85 spots Available, All spots are first come first serve, NO RESERVATIONS
- $20.00 for 30 Amp- 70 spots available
- $25.00 for 50 Amp- 15 spots available
12 with water hookups 785-554-3157-After hours
- Sewage dumping fee $3.00
- Adapters for sale (30-15 Amp-$15.00; 50-30 Amp-$35.00)
Dry camping RV guests must check-in at the front desk of the Capitol Plaza Hotel to receive a parking permit prior to parking. $15/day for dry camping
All equipment, extra cars (max of 2), etc. in your assigned area and dispose of all trash in receptacles provided.
RV parking for dry camping is in the parking lot next to the Maner Convention Center
Cars, vans and RV’s are only allowed on designated roadways and parking areas. Other motorized vehicles are not allowed on premises with the exception of wheelchairs and golf carts for handicapped exhibitors.
Capitol Plaza Hotel & Convention Center is not responsible for any damage, injury or loss to persons, pets and/or property.
Capitol Plaza Hotel & Convention Center requires the following with regard to pets:
- Non- Refundable pet fee $50.00 flat -fee per room (1-4) dogs, (4-6) dogs $75.00 and (6-8) $100.00
- Potty areas for exercise pens, Multiple locations: a) Large grass area east of hotel parking lot and b) Grass area between the hotel and Maner Conference Center facing north
- Dog bathing areas: Outside facing north of the Maner Conference Center main entrance
- Dogs will be bathed in designated areas for dog washing. There will be no grooming of dogs in hotel rooms and no hotel towels will be used for this purpose.
- Dogs will not be permitted in any of the hotel recreation areas, including the swimming pools, and any other areas to be stipulated as “non-dog” locations.
- Dogs will not be permitted in food and beverage outlets, except for those assisting the disabled.
- All dogs left unattended in hotel guest rooms must be crated.
- Housekeepers will not have to service rooms in which dogs are loose and unattended. Moreover, they will be required to report this rule violation to hotel management. Individual room occupants will be assessed for any damage or destruction to their room.
- The hotel will provide trash receptacles in the designated exercised areas for deposit of waste.
- Host club with provide plastic bags and appropriate scoops, etc. for the collection of waste.
- Pick up and removal of waste will be the responsibility of each dog owner/handler.
- The club will continuously monitor all exercise areas to assure that members comply with the rules.
About the Hotel:
Additional guest amenities include an indoor pool and whirlpool, a sundeck and 24-hour fitness and business centers. All rooms are pet-friendly, 100% non-smoking and appointed with free Wi-Fi, mini fridges, coffee makers, work desks and 37-inch HD flat-panel TVs.
Falling Water Grille features an eclectic menu and an open show kitchen, allowing diners to watch our creative chefs at work in a bright, vibrant ambiance.
Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri: 6:00 am – 2:00 pm; Sat-Sun: 7:00 am – 2:00 pm
Water’s Edge Lounge is framed by our lush, garden atrium, is the hotel’s social hub, serving afternoon cocktails and appetizers at the bar and café tables ideal for relaxing with colleagues or catching up with old friends.
Hours of Operation: Sun-Sun: 4:00 pm – 11:00 pm
We also offer room service for guests who wish to enjoy a quiet meal in the privacy of their room.
Directions to Host Hotel:
This Route is from the Kansas City International Airport to the Hotel has tolls and is the fastest route at 1hr 7min and 73 miles:
Get on I-29 S/US-71 S in May Township from International Cir, Cookingham Dr and NW 120th St, 4 min (2.7 mi). Take I-435 S and I-70 W to SE Adams St in Topeka. Take exit 363 from I-70 W 1 h 1 min (69.1 mi).Continue on SE Adams St to your destination 4 min (1.3 mi). 1717 SW Topeka Blvd, Topeka, KS
Things to do within proximity to the hotel:
- Evel Knievel Museum (0.4 miles)
- Brown v. Board of Education National Historic Site (0.5 miles)
- Historic Harley-Davidson (0.4 miles).
- Lake Shawnee: Beautiful tree surrounded lake with bike/running/walking trail that winds around the lake. Golf course, gardens, picnic areas, playgrounds, shelter houses, water activities, etc. (4.5 miles)
- Gage Park is home to a large public swimming pool, a first-class Zoo, the Helen Hocker Theater, a miniature train that circles the Park, the Kansas Children’s Discovery Center, a rose garden, many shelter houses and picnic areas, a dog park, a two-mile trail for running or walking, a Veteran’s Memorial, a beautiful lake, cement animals for kids to climb, a carousel, and so much more. Many activities are free, although one does have to pay for the Zoo, swimming, theater, Discovery Center, the train, and renting a shelter house. (3.8 miles)
- Ted Ensley Gardens running and tumbling water features, beds of prairie flowers, butterfly gardens, shade plant beds and a wonderful view of Lake Shawnee. Spectacular Gardens to stroll and walk the dog. Very lush setting and peaceful. (5.4 miles)
- Kansas State Capitol Building you can walk around and see the building on your own as well as take a tour. (1 mile)