The purposes of the Futurity are to encourage the breeding of the best possible Schipperkes and to reward the breeders for their efforts. For these reasons, the Futurity Stake prizes are divided between the breeder and the owner, with recognition also given to the contribution of the sire.
Kathy Navarrete, 2056 W Columbia Way, Palmdale, CA 93551
- The breeder nominates a litter (or select puppies from the litter) by the age of 5 months for a fee of $20.00.
- The breeder will be sent a Futurity litter number indicating the eligibility of the nominated litter. This litter number should be given to owners of puppies from this litter that the breeder wishes to be entered in the Futurity and withheld from owners of puppies from this litter that the breeder does not wish to be entered in the Futurity.
- To be entered for Futurity stake judging, a puppy from a nominated litter must be entered in one of the regular classes at the SCA National Specialty. The Futurity entry must be indicated as an additional class on the regular show entry and the Futurity litter number must be written on the entry form. There will be an entry fee for the Futurity Stake.
- A dog from a litter not nominated in the above manner may be nominated at the time of entry by paying a nomination fee of $50.00 plus the entry fee. The late nomination must have the written approval of the breeder.
- The 2009 Futurity stake is for any properly nominated and entered Schipperke whelped between 10/7/08 and 10/7/09 based upon the tentative scheduled date of April 7, 2010 for the Futurity competition.
- Classes will be divided by sex and age: 6-9 months, 9-12 months, and 12-18 months. Class winners will compete for Best in Futurity (BIF) and Best of Opposite Sex (BOS) to Best in Futurity.
- Postmark on envelope transmitting nomination establishes date of nomination. Stake entry must be received by the regular show closing date. There will be no refunds.
- Transfer of ownership shall not affect nomination status.
Futurity Prize Monies
All monies from nominations and entry fees (less 35% withheld for SCA expenses) will be divided as follows:
- Best in Futurity 15%
- Owner of Sire of BIF 5%
- BOS to BIF 5%
- Allocated to Classes 60%
- Breeder of BIF 15%
Class monies will be divided:
- First 40%
- Third 20%
- Second 30%
- Fourth 10%